Reply to comment
This Circular is for all members of member associations of WFTGA –
14th WFTGA Convention : Tallinn Estonia: Culture: A Unifying Guide
• Delegates Meeting 29th – 30th January 2011 (Arrivals 28th January)
• Main Convention 30th January – 4th February: http://wftga2011.konverents.eu
Delegates’ Papers and Information are attached to this Circular and must be forwarded to your Delegate immediately.
• Remember your Delegate requires written authorisation to speak on your behalf. The maximum number of Delegates allowed is two per country (at the table) with up to 4 additional Delegates, who sit behind.
• WFTGA Policies and Procedures: Attached which must be studied by all Delegates prior to their arrival in Tallinn
• Agenda: Attached: Members who wish to add items to the Agenda must inform the Secretary in writing, signed by all delegates from the member country, not later than 29th January (prior to the start of the Delegates’ Meeting).
• WFTGA Revised Constitution: Attached – the Constitution was amended at the General Assembly in Bali in 2009 and requires ratification in Tallinn.
• Proxy Forms: If you are not sending a Delegate remember to complete the Proxy Form if you would like someone to speak and vote on your behalf and submit it to the WFTGA Secretary
• Financial Reports: The WFTGA financial reports are currently being audited and will be forwarded to Delegates prior to the General Assembly.
• Executive Board Nominations: Nominations are requested from those who wish to run for the Executive Board. All prospective EXBO members must bring to Bali:
Statement of their aims as an Executive Board Member
Evidence of the time commitment they can bring to WFTGA
Letter of support from their own association
Completed EXBO questionnaire
Gala Dinner: Thursday February 3rd – Your chance to shine! Members are invited to provide the entertainment at the Gala Dinner – start practising your pieces now – song, dance, music! – Places limited: register your interest in taking part with Govind Agrawal: email@example.com
WFTGA Cruise Guide Training at Tallinn
Our one-day Cruise Guide Training Course will be available in Tallinn on Sunday 30th January: special price 100 Euro. If you are interested please contact Felicitas Wressnig : firstname.lastname@example.org
Auction: Please bring your gifts for the Silent and Live Auctions – all gifts must be labelled with value. We advise gifts that are easily carried and also do not include liquids which cannot be carried on aircraft.
Dress Code for Participants, Accompanying Guests and Delegates
Opening Plenary Meeting – Business Dress or National Dress
Business Sessions – Business Dress
Tours – Smart Casual
Opening Dinner – Smart Casual, National Dress
Final dinner – Elegant Evening Dress
Note it will be cold in Tallinn so you will need warm coats, gloves, scarves and footwear suitable for ice/snow. There is an indoor shopping centre attached to the hotel.
Convention Bids 2013:
The following associations have submitted bids for the 15th WFTGA Convention in 2013
• Macau Tourist Guides Association www.matga.org.mo
• Russian Tourist Guides Association www.agipe.ru
• Federation of Tourist Guides of South Africa www.fsatga.org
• Washington Professional Guild of Tour Guides www.washingtondctourguide.com
News from EXBO
• The President’s Report for 2009-2011 is attached to this Circular.
• WFTGA has a wall on Face Book moderated by Govind Agrawal.
• Our Explorer.com/Viator Inc
Further to the news in the last Circular we can now confirm that Viator Inc www.viator.com. will be exhibiting in Tallinn and will address the General Assembly. Decisions can then be made as to whether WFTGA members wish to continue the relationship that was formed in 2009 with OurExplorer to their new owners. At present www.ourexplorer.com is still operational under the same terms and conditions as before. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could check your local entries on www.viator.com to see if the tours they advertise are guided by licensed or qualified guides and inform me at email@example.com . Also please continue to monitor www.ourexplorer.com and send them emails if you find unqualified or illegal guides listed and request their removal. Please let me know of your results.
International Tourist Guide Day 2011
You are probably already starting to think about your plans for 2011. As you know WFTGA is an NGO in Official Relations with UNESCO and we encourage you to contact your local UNESCO office to obtain official patronage for your local ITGD events.
We are pleased to welcome new Full Members from Chile, the Dominican Republic and Serbia and new Individual Members from Malawi and Morocco. WFTGA now has members in 62 countries worldwide.